domingo, 8 de enero de 2012

CAN'T TOUCH THIS, by Marley Gibson

ICan't Touch This (ResistingTemptation) *** 


I found this book slow and even a little bit boring at first and I had to resist the temptation to quit reading it. But as I don't always enjoy books written in the first person, I made the effort and continued reading, which payed off in the end. 

The reason why I don't like books written in the first person is because you cannot see this main character (who is writing) and cannot know how other people sees them or what they think or feel (for that the ominipresent is best). Sometimes it brings me no pleasure at all, such is the case of Sophy Kinsella's Confessions of a shopaholic, which brought me too much anxiety over the fact that she spends more than she earns. Sometimes, I love them, like Federica Bosco's: Mi piace da morire, which was funny and kept a smile on my face through the whole book.(but it might have been that I loved practicing my italian :-)

Anyway, this isn't the case of Can't touch this. It brought me anxiety over the fact that Vanessa Virtue takes the wrong decissions and trusts the wrong guy. The book has funny situations, and good dialog. Although I made an effort to reach the first 50% of the book, I was hooked from there on till the end and I enjoyed it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario